||Colorado Hail Pad Pick-up/Drop-off Sites
Here is a list of the current hail pad drop-off sites in Colorado. If you have any questions please contact the Volunteer Coordinator for your city or county.
Updated: September 2015
- Adams County Extension Office, Adams County Fairgrounds. 9755 Henderson Road, Brighton, CO. Contact: Thad Gourd - (303) 637-8100
- BENNETT - Greatwood Lumber/Ace Hardware store at the SW corner of I-70 and Exit #340 (Bennett exit). The Hail pad box is located at the North side of the main gate. Only accessible during regular store hours, Mon. thru Fri. 7am till 6pm, Sat. 8-5, Sun. 9-4. Phone 303-644-5000
• San Luis Valley Extension Office, 1899 E Hwy 160, Monte Vista, CO. Contact: Marvin Reynolds (719) 852-7381
Springfield - USDA/NRCS Office, 27200 Hwy, Springfield, CO
Contact Kiesha Yazzie 719-523-4522 x3
- Boulder - For NOAA employees only, there is a hail pad drop off at the National Weather Service Office in room 3C508.
- Boulder city/county - Contact Bunny Pfau (email@example.com) for new hailpads or for turning in used ones.
- Longmont - 2050 Falcon Drive, Longmont (Approx 21st & Hover). Pads are in the large metal box on the front porch.
Chaffee County Cooperative Extension Office, 10165 County Road 120, Salida, CO 81201; phone: (719) 539-6447; Contact: Kurt Jones
Clear Creek County
Email Clear Creek County CoCoRaHS Coordinator, Larry White at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Douglas County Extension Office, Douglas County Fairgrounds, 410 Fairgrounds Road, Castle Rock, CO 80104. It the the small 2 story building visible as soon as you enter on the right side of the road. The box sits outside on the top level.
El Paso County
- Colorado Springs Utilities Conservation & Environmental Center,
2855 Mesa Rd., Colo. Springs. Hours are M-F, 9am-5pm.
Hail pads can be picked up and dropped off at the desk in the lobby.
CSU Extension Office on the Elbert County Fairgrounds in Kiowa,
95 Ute Ave., Kiowa, Co 80117
*Spare Pads will be stored inside the office*
Contact name: Treena
- Fremont County Extension Office, 615 Macon Ave. Suite LL10, Cañon City, CO; 719-276-7390. Contact: Tommy Covington, email@example.com
Colorado River Water Conservation District
201 Centennial, Suite 200
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Contact: Jim Pokrandt 970-945-8522
• Gilpin County Cooperative Extension Office, Gilpin County Fairgrounds, 230 Norton Drive, Golden, CO 80403. Contact: Irene Shonle. The office is located next to the Gilpin Community Center, just off of Highways 119 & 46, seven miles north of Black Hawk.
Please contact Andrea Jessoe, 714 Teocalli Ave, Crested Butte, CO 81224. e-mail: Adbelcher@aol.com
- CSU Cooperative Extension Office, 928 Russell Ave, Walsenburg, CO. Contact Carl Beeman at: 719-738-2170. Carl.Beeman@colostate.edu
- Jackson County Cooperative Extension Office, 312 5th Street, Walden, CO 80480; Contact: Debbie Alpe
- Jefferson County Health Department, 645 Parfet Street, Lakewood CO 80215. Drop off is at the Environmental desk but call Roy Laws first at (303) 271-5734, (303) 619-5114 (cell phone). Hours are Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Cooperative Extension Office. Eades, CO; (719) 438-5321. Contact: Bruce Fickenscher
Kit Carson County
Las Animas County
La Plata County
- Colorado Division of Water Resources Office, 160 Rock Point Dr. Suite E, Durango, CO 81301.Ph: 970-247-1845 x7004 (or receptionist can help)
- CoCoRaHS HQ, Colorado Climate Center, CSU Foothills Campus, Fort Collins (directions)
- Fort Collins Public Library, both Old Town and Harmony Road sites
- Loveland Public Works Dept. Office, 2525 W. 1st St., Loveland
- Estes Park Public Library
- Wellington Public Library
Las Animas County
- NRCS/FSA Office. 318 5th Street, Hugo, CO 80821, 719-743-2408 ext. 106, Contact: Stu McFarland
Logan County Coorperative Extension Office at 508 S. 10th Avenue, Sterling, CO.; (970) 522-3200. Contact: Randy Buhler
National Weather Service Office. 792 Eagle Drive, Grand Junction, CO, Contact: Jim Pringle
• Montezuma County Extension Office, 109 West Main Street, Room 102, Cortez, CO 81321. Phone: 970-565-3123
• Division of Water Resources, 437 Yampa, Craig, CO 81625. Contact: Kathy Bower 970-826-0810
• John Thompson’s house: 1405 Dover Road, Montrose, CO 81401; Phone: (970) 240-2121;e-mail: Jokatmont@aol.com
• East Morgan Public Library, Brush
• Fort Morgan Public Library
• Wiggins Public Library
• La Junta -- USDA - NRCS Office, 318 Lacey Ave., La Junta, CO. The box is around the corner behind the US Forest Service Building.
• FAIRPLAY: 880 Bogue Street at the Colorado State University Extension Office. CoCoRahs has a beige wooden box located at the SE end of the building against a utility pole. Leave used pads here and get new ones also. You can pick up Hail Reports Forms too. This location is accessible 24 hours a day and is located outdoors. ParkCountyCoCoRahs@hotmailcom or 719-836-4580.
• LAKE GEORGE: Hwy 24 located at the CUSP (Coalition for the Upper South Platte) Office across the street from the Post Office. Their phone number is 719-748-0033 and they are open 10am to 4pm on the weekdays.
• Phillips County Cooperative Extension Office, 127 East Denver St., Holyoke, CO; (970) 854-3616
• National Weather Service Office - Pueblo: 3 Eaton Way, Pueblo, CO 81001, 719-948-9429. Contact: Randy Gray (Near the Airport)
• Lamar - Southeast Colorado RC&D Office, 3505 S. Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052; 719-336-3437 x124. Contact Tim Macklin.
• Holly - NRCS Office, 209 S. Main Street, Holly, CO 81047; 719-537-6506. Contact: Calvin Melcher
Rio Blanco County
Meeker - 351 7th Street, Conservation District Office
Rangely - 2252 E Main, Water Conservancy District Office
Rio Grande County
• San Luis Valley Extension Office, 1899 E Hwy 160, Monte Vista, CO
• Routt County Conservation District, 1475 Pine Grove Road Ste 201a, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487, (970) 879-3225 Office, Contact: Jackie Brown -- firstname.lastname@example.org
San Juan County
San Miguel County
• San Miguel Environmental Health Office, San Miguel County Courthouse, 333 West Colorado Avenue, Telluride, CO 81435; phone: 970-728-0447; Contact Dave Schneck
• Sedgwick County Cooperative Extension Office, County Courthouse, 315 Cedar, Julesburg, CO 80737-1532; (970) 474-3479 Contact: Linda Langelo
• Washington County Conservation District Office, 26924 U.S. Hwy 34, Akron, CO 80720; Phone: 970-345-2364
• Greeley Area: Weld County Cooperative Extension Office, Island Grove Park, 525 North 15th Avenue, Greeley, CO. 970 356-4000 x2076 The hail pad drop-box is located under the staircase.
• (not available at this time) Del Camino: Weld County Services, 4209 Weld County Road 24 ½ (East Service Road), Longmont, CO. Phone: 720-652-4200
• (not available at this time) Southeast Weld County services building located at 2950 9th Street, Ft. Lupton. The location is on the SW corner of 9th St & WCR 31 intersection, 2 miles east of downtown Ft. Lupton (same building where the license plate office is located).
• Yuma County Cooperative Extension Office, Yuma County Courthouse, Wray, CO 80758; 970-332-4151. Contact: Chris Shelly