| Message of the Day:
||CoCoRaHS Blog | Go to end of message
"Field Photo Weekend" July 2-4th . . . Celebrate the Fourth of July Weekend by taking a photo or two!
Here’s your chance to join hundreds of other CoCoRaHS observers to see what our landscapes look like during early summer. If you have participated before, this is a great chance to go back to your favorite spots and see what has changed. All you have to do is:
- Take your camera or smartphone
- Find a landscape in your community (streams, lakes, rivers, reservoirs, a forest, a crop field, a pasture, etc.)
- Take a single photo or a panorama in four different directions (N, E, S, W) from where you are standing. And then take one looking down.
There are four ways to post your photos
- Use the “Field Photo” App on your phone, which can be downloaded from the “Apple Store” and “Google Play Store”. Enter metadata to describe the landscape and add #CoCoRaHSJuly16” as a keyword.
- Email your photos with your location to: email@example.com. When uploading your photos please include the words #CoCoRaHSJuly16 in the notes field. Remember you don't have to email your photos this weekend, just take them, but we do encourage you to email them soon afterward.
- Upload photos directly to the (EOMF) Earth Observation and Modeling Facility's photo archive website: “http://www.eomf.ou.edu/photos”.
- Or post your photos on your phone or online to our new partners at iSeeChange.org, a climate and weather journal that collects stories about change.
View the Field Photo Weekend Instructional Animation.
Field Photo Weekend is a partnership between CoCoRaHS, the Southern Climate Impacts Planning Program (SCIPP) and the Earth Observation and Modeling Facility (EOMF) to help ground truth through photos, what is going on with our landscapes throughout the country. It's not just drought we are looking for either, it could be flooding, fire, or whatever state the landscape is now in. For detailed instructions, click here: “FIELD PHOTO WEEKENDS”
This year - Field Photo Weekend has a new partnership with ISeeChange, to help tell stories about the photos you’re taking. If you have an interesting observation about the landscape you are photographing ISeeChange would like to hear from you. They take observations and questions from citizens about the changes citizens are seeing in the environment and then write stories about the underlying science. Plus you can send photos and stories anytime. Check it out at “ISEECHANGE.ORG”
In a few weeks this weekend's photos will be posted and you'll be able to see your photos and those taken by other volunteers. Reference the “FIELD PHOTO WEEKENDS” page to see how to view the photos.
Remember you don't have to email your photos this weekend, just take them, but we do encourage you to email them soon afterward. That address again is: firstname.lastname@example.org. When uploading your photos please include the words #CoCoRaHSJuly16 in the notes field.
Thanks in advance for participating during the long July 4th weekend-Have fun snapping!
The current "CoCoRaHS Message of the Day" automatically displays on your screen
after you enter your daily observation on the data screen.