Oklahoma was the twelfth state to join the CoCoRaHS Network. Signing up is easy! Simply click "JoinCoCoRaHS" and enter your information. Once you join, your precipitation observations will start showing up on the daily maps. Your reports provide a great service to your community by allowing your friends, neighbors, scientists, and others to see how daily precipitation covers the state.
- Register Your Location
- Obtain a CoCoRaHS 4" rain gauge. These can be purchased online from WeatherYourWay. If you live in the OKC area, contact Cindy Luttrell for additional purchase options.
- Watch the online training slideshow. Additional training material can be found in the training slideshows section. We now have a 6-minute training video available!
- Enter your reports!
Oklahoma Newsletter Rainy Day Report
Precipitation Maps with Radar Rainfall Estimates
Facebook user? Follow us online: http://www.facebook.com/oklahomacocorahs
Missed Observations PDF
Not home to take your observations? Whether you take a vacation, oversleep, or just didn't want to risk being struck by lightning, we do not expect observers to take their readings every day of the year for the rest of their lives! However, we can take steps to keep the precipitation record as accurate as possible by listing the time span that a report covers. Multi-day precipitation reports allow observers to enter the amount measured over two or more days.
For example, I will be traveling to my parent's house for Thanksgiving and will not be around to read my gauge and I do not have a reliable neighbor or friend to take the readings for me. I took my reading Tuesday morning, November 24, and entered my data as usual. I returned from my trip Sunday night and took my reading Monday morning (November 30). In this case, I would enter 11/25/2009 as my first date first day that I missed, and 11/30/2009 as my end date (date I took observation).
- Visit the website www.cocorahs.org and click "My Data" on the top right section of the page.
- Click "Multi-DayAccumulation" on the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Enter date forfirst day you missed your observation First day of accumulation period.
- Enter date you took your observation
- Fill out remaining observation details.
- Click "Submit".
For more information on CoCoRaHS in Oklahoma, please contact our Oklahoma Coordinator:
Oklahoma Climate Survey
120 David L. Boren Blvd., Suite 2900
Norman, OK 73072-7305